Sunday, March 14, 2010

The end of a bad day

It was a bad day and I was in a bad mood. The day was drawing to a close and I thought a trip to Santa Rosa Rural Cemetery might help me snap out of it. I hoped I might be able to draw something, anything, and transport myself into that lovely place I go to when I draw and am able to let go of everything else. At the end of an hour that passed all too quickly my mood had lightened and the day didn't seem quite as bad. Sometimes I forget what an amazing gift it is to be able to pick up a ballpoint pen and some paper and travel...outside of myself. It was good to be reminded.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful cause-and-effect story of the happy result of a successful drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to end the day. ... may tomorrow start in beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a second I was worried this story wasn't going to have a happy ending. And what a happy ending is a great sketch, full of depth and detail. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all your days are as wonderful as this drawing.

    ReplyDelete