Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What to draw on a rainy day?


When I'm out walking I often find and bring home things that I just know I have to draw. Then I never get around to drawing them because I find newer things the next day or I forget about the finds that I just had to have the day before. Consequently, I have little boxes and bowls and some plates full of found objects from out and about. So, on rainy days like today it's possible for me to draw something from outside while staying warm and dry. Perfect! Today's rainy day sketches were a Black Oak (Quercus kelloggii) leaf and acorn.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this little acorn! a long time ago in school I did a drypoint of some acorns and they didn't turn out that well but you made me remember that!
    This one has so much personality!

    ReplyDelete