Sunday, November 22, 2009

At the cemetery


I had great plans to go out sketching this morning, but the sky was dark gray and it was spitting enough rain to make it hard to see out of my glasses so I gave up and came home. I had a bunch of things I should be doing and thought I could catch up on some of them. At noon the sky suddenly turned blue and everything was so perfectly beautiful that I tore myself away from cleaning the bathrooms and jetted off to Santa Rosa Rural Cemetery to do some sketching. For about half an hour the light was perfectly inspiring and I sat down and began to draw. Within 45 minutes the sun was low in the sky (at 2:45!) and I had to put my sweatshirt back on. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Still time to clean those bathrooms! Yippee!

5 comments:

  1. Yep it's hard to give up such a wonderful job like cleaning for just sitting in the sun and sketching, but sometimes a girls got to do what a girls got to do. I love your sketch. What pen did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was a tough choice, Pat! Thanks! I used the Bic for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precioso blog
    Un abrazo desde Madrid

    ReplyDelete