Saturday, October 17, 2009

"Urban" sketching

I've been following Urban Sketchers and being inspired by all the great sketches of civilization. I decided to try my hand at a more urban setting. Greg and Chloe and I went to Railroad Square in downtown Santa Rosa CA. Our first stop was for fuel at Flying Goat Coffee. Then we walked around while I looked for inspiration. I couldn't find anything I wanted to draw. There were some nice buildings but I wasn't inspired. Then Greg suggested we go over to Prince Memorial Greenway along Santa Rosa Creek. We entered at Olive Street and were amazed by how un-urban looking it's become in the few years since we'd been there before. There's a big hotel behind me and an old city neighborhood behind the trees. Greg and Chloe went exploring while I did a sketch. Well, it is in the middle of downtown so that makes it urban, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment